Privacy Data (GDPR)
GDPR is a great regulatory framework to ensure general privacy and data protection. To achieve GDPR compliance, organizations require a plan to monitor and protect personal data. Organizations must also provide privacy for the residents in European Union and the European Economic Area (EEA).
Teramid’ compliance management solutions are perfectly suited for GDPR requirements:
- Support for GDPR Articles:
- 5: Principle relating to processing of personal data
- 25: Data protection and design by default
- 33: Notification of data breach
- 41: Monitoring of approved codes of conduct
- Auto-discovery of privacy-related information in both structured and unstructured data leveraging fingerprinting and OCR.
- Recording of data processing activity, updated in real-time to a granular level for all employees, contractors and third-party vendors.
- Teramind provides full forensics with respect to data breaches and a video recording of the event.
All healthcare organizations need to comply with HIPAA requirements of privacy and safeguards. As a medical organization you’ll need to protect patient information from data loss, insider threats, fraud, and other misuses.
With Teramind, compliance monitoring for healthcare organizations is made easy. Healthcare organizations can speed up HIPAA compliance implementation and the auditing process:
- Guard protected health information (PHI), claim, care, and clinical data.
- Predefined health data classification for:
- Common drug and disease names
- DNA profiles
- NDC / HICN / NHS numbers
- ICD10 codes, etc.
- Identify employees and 3rd party vendors who fail to comply with activity monitoring. Track of communication channels like file transfer, email, IM etc.
- Use built-in session recording and risk reports to conduct compliance reviews, provide burden of proof and develop employee training programs.
Legal / Law Firms
Law firms are constantly faced with the ever-evolving challenge of addressing insider threats. As a law firm, it's your responsibility to keep attorney-client privileged information and client/matter data secure. However, without the right compliance management software staying secure is nearly impossible.
Teramind’s compliance monitoring helps you address these threats, protect the confidentiality, and demonstrate effective oversight to your clients:
- Ensure the safety of client/matter data and work-product stored in firm repositories, beyond the traditional access and identity management systems.
- Oversight, audit, and logs of all actions for all employees as it pertains to firm desktops, laptops, and content.
- Privileged user monitoring, session recording, with searchable logs, videos, and audit trail for forensics.
- Demonstrating your firm’s ability to comply with AML/KYC, HIPAA, ISO27001/27002, GDPR, and other regulatory standards and laws.
Government / Public Services
Government organizations are at equal risk if not greater risk for data loss, cybersecurity, and insider threats than many other businesses. Teramind’s compliance management solutions help keep government organizations safe in an ever-changing world.
Teramind is an effective endpoint compliance monitoring solution to ensure adherence to regulations such as NIST, FAR/DFARS, FDCC, FedRamp, FISMA, and more:
- Create sophisticated rules to catch insider threats, identify high-risk users and system components.
- Identity-based authentication, privileged user monitoring, and segregated access control to prevent unauthorized data access.
- Forensic investigation and incident response with session recording, alerts, and immutable logs. Locate the source and threat vectors with pinpoint accuracy.
- Integrate with IDS/IPS and SIEM systems to create a cybersecurity perimeter, share threat intelligence, and coordinate response.
Retail / eCommerce (PCI DSS)
PCI DSS has some stringent information security requirements for any business that processes credit card transactions. Industries like retailers, e-commerce, and financial services companies all have to be careful with customer data. Making sure you’re handling customer data correctly requires the right compliance management software.
Teramind’s compliance management solutions can help you maintain PCI DSS compliance:
- Pre-packaged sample rules to maintain PCI DSS requirements for Merchants & Processors.
- Built-in templates for cardholder data, sensitive Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Personally Identifiable Financial Information (PIFI).
- Implement unique IDs, layered access control, 2FA etc, for local and network resources.
- Advanced behavior-based rules engine automatically prevents data loss and exfiltration events.
Information Technology (ISO 27001)
Many organizations in IT, finance, telecom etc. are beginning to see the value of ISO 27001 in information risk management.
However, without access to the right compliance management software, the certification process can be difficult. With Teramind’s help, meet the security and monitoring standards outlined in ISMS guidelines for ISO 27001:
- Monitor and measure user activity and maintain both mandatory and supplemental records with immutable logs; view exceptions, security events, and how they were handled.
- Define security roles and responsibility, assess control of regular/privileged users, and 3rd party vendors.
- Assist in developing risk assessment and treatment plans with a built-in Risk Management dashboard.
- Implement training and awareness programs with session recording and playback features.
Public Accounting (SOX)
The Sarbanes–Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX) also known as the "Public Company Accounting Reform and Investor Protection Act" and "Corporate and Auditing Accountability, Responsibility, and Transparency Act" mainly applies to U.S. public company boards, management and public accounting firms. Though some of it applies to private companies too.
Teramind’s compliance monitoring can help companies meet several SOX provisions:
- User activity monitoring and recording prevent accounting frauds.
- Content rules and access safeguards to prevent document/data tampering.
- Verifiable controls to track data access, disclose data breaches, and export audit reports as CSV/Excel formats for feeding into ERP systems.
- Risk analysis reports, historical logs, and video records of all user activity to streamline any change management process.
Online Banking (FFIEC)
FFIEC (Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council) compliance is a set of conformance standards for online banking. To ensure you’re meeting all compliance standards, it's important to have the right tool for in-depth compliance audits.
Teramind’s compliance monitoring helps banks and financial institutions uncover potential cybersecurity weaknesses and insider threats in their online banking system:
- Develop threat intelligence with 12+ monitored objects, user activities, and content sharing.
- Implement ‘always on’ cybersecurity controls with automated monitoring and preventive rules.
- External/third-party vendor access and dependency management.
- Assist with cybersecurity risk assessment and policy development with a built-in Risk Analysis Dashboard that can identify vulnerable departments, employees, and resources.
With nine standards and forty-five requirements, a single security solution may not be enough to achieve and maintain NERC-CIP security standards. Teramind can assist registered utilities in meeting the plans several requirements:
- Documented trail of user activities within a desktop or terminal server.
- Real-time monitoring of critical systems and user workstations. Receive automated alerts for any system configurations changes.
- Risk and vulnerability analysis of users, departments, policies or applications.
- Develop mock audit programs and training plans with session recording, simulated incident detection and threat response.
Federal Agencies (FISMA)
Supplement your existing federal security implementation for NIST-FISMA with Teramind’s comprehensive compliance solutions for risk management, information protection, and confidentiality:
- 24/7 continuous compliance monitoring and real-time visual screen recording.
- Risk categorization and configurable risk levels for departments, groups, even individual users.
- Ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of sensitive information through OCR, fingerprinting, and content sharing rules.
- Track, document, and report security incidents with built-in Session Recording, risk reports, and immutable event logs.
Effective Compliance Management With Out-Of-The-Box Policy and Rule Templates
Teramind’s compliance management software is designed to offer you a variety of deployment options, ensuring the most suitable deployment scenario. The platform comes pre-populated with policies and rules to address most data protection and privacy issues.
Organizations can easily extend and modify existing policies and rules. Businesses can also create and manage new rules with great ease, leveraging Teramind’s visual policy and rules editor.