A privately held, globally recognized high fashion house that specializes in haute couture, ready-to-wear clothes and designer accessories.
Company has faced challenges in some key areas of its core business:
- IP is difficult to protect if a design is leaked on the public domain before it’s copyrighted as competitors can change it subtly and claim first-to-file trademarks.
- In the current digital age, its very easy for employees or suppliers to leak product ideas and designs by mistake or intentionally.
- In the EU, the Company sometimes uses unregistered community design (UCD) to save time and cost. However, they have less protection than the registered versions, so needed to be guarded even more closely.
Company needed a solution that could constantly monitor employees and third-parties who came in contact of its designs during the creative process, manage who gets access to what information and finally have accurate evidence to support any copyright claims.
Company was able to see improvements in the following areas:
- Was able to identify and stop several data exfiltration attempts by insiders.
- Reduced legal defense cost by stopping IP leaks from happening in the first place.
- Additionally, utilized Teramind’s Workforce Productivity features to gain visibility into how employees spent their time and then develop processes to increase their performance.