Teramind is dedicated to the security of its product, its users and their data
Certifications & Frameworks
Teramind is an ISO 27001 certified company using ISMS controls and NIST framework to stay secure and keep all collected data safe.
ISO 27001 Certification
Conducted by Bureau Veritas, Teramind received ISO 27001:2013 certification in 2018. ISO is the international standard for best practices in information security. Organizations with ISO certification have proven through audit a demonstrated, ongoing commitment to the highest standards in data security and privacy.
Teramind utilizes the Information Security Management System (ISMS) best practices which ensure the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of all of our IT assets. Nodes and repositories where data is hosted and stored are sensibly protected from threats and vulnerabilities.
Teramind conforms to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework. This framework provides strict cybersecurity guidance for private sector organizations in the US for how to best prevent, detect and respond to cyberattacks. We use NIST standards for both customer data processing and internal business processes.
Secure Deployment Options
The data centers and storage used by Teramind for its On-Premise and Private Cloud deployments
feature rigorous controls and compliance, offering uncompromising security.
Teramind Cloud deployments are hosted on multi-homed Tier-3 data centers. Tier-3 data centers are designed to handle large businesses and mission critical applications and meet the strictest reliability requirements
Physical onsite protections with custom rack+cage security
N+1 Fault Tolerant, minimum 72-hour power outage protection
PS 951 certified
Maximum 1.6 hours of downtime per year
Multi-node architecture that ensures 99.82% SLA
Teramind uses the latest and most secure data storage practices to ensure customer data is stored safely and securely while still being accessible
256-bit AES encryption for all Teramind data, including customer data, at-rest
Encryption in motion to protect data being transmitted from network to public nodes
SSL with 4-key system and Active Validation for all HTTPS interactions
256-bit AES end-to-end encryption for all endpoint – server communications
TLS with a 4-key system and Active Validation for all Active Directory LDAP connections
Added in-platform protections assure customers have options for added layers of security
Active Directory integration capability
Role-based access control (RBAC) options and features
Multi-factor authentication (MFA)/Two-factor authentication (2FA) options
Teramind’s data retention and deletion policies protect cloud-deployment data
Adherence to GDPR’s Right to Erasure for EU citizens’ personal data
Deletion upon customer request policies
Session recordings stored for a period of six months, after which it is deleted
Programmatic deletion of session recordings
Security, Scalability and Reliability are part of the Teramind Platform
Platform Security Measures & Service
Teramind utilizes other company-wide security measures in addition to the certifications we’ve received and frameworks we implement.
– We monitor communications, servers, and gateway subnets with threat analytics and have internal NOC to respond to attacks, outages and other failures.
– Teramind connections are only permitted over approved ports and all other ports are blocked to minimize intrusion.
– All file transfers including internal file transfers are done over SFTP or FTPS. SSH sessions for administrative dashboard purposes require customer consent.
DDoS attack response
– Teramind uses volumetric, application layer and protocol based distributed denial of service attacks are detected and prevented using software and hardware firewalls and other methods.
– Teramind uses multiple assessment methods during recruitment. Critical employees and system admins are subject to security clearance for sensitive and government projects.
Contracts and NDAs
– All employees including contractors must sign non-disclosure agreements and contracts that explicitly state our security, privacy and integrity policies
– Teramind follows a strict organizational structure that limits the spread information and access spread and only permits access to critical and sensitive information on a need-to-know basis.
– We utilize industry-leading tools as well as our own proprietary software for product development, version control, code release, update/patch maintenance and ensure code integrity. Code reviews and third-party audits of development activity are periodically conducted.
– Teramind utilizes its own Teramind UAM and Teramind DLP products to monitor its employees and data usage, including our third-party vendors, freelancers and contractors.
– All email, chat, and web communications are encrypted. Employees use end-to-end encrypted messaging for in-house communications and our own deployed Teramind UAM & DLP add an extra layer of security by monitoring all communications.
Company Security Measures
Teramind’s top-down security encompasses the platform, the agent as well as our own business operations.
Let’s Get You Started
Protect your data, improve productivity
and manage compliance with Teramind.