MIAMI – FEBRUARY 25, 2019 – Today Teramind Inc., a leading global provider of insider threat and data loss prevention (“DLP”) solutions, announced a specialized focus to help law firms comply with today’s highly regulated business landscape. Firms are faced with the ever evolving challenge of addressing their insider risk issues as it pertains to securing attorney-client privileged information and client/matter data, ensuring the security of the work product offshored, and securing access to critical systems by privileged users and third party vendors/contractors. Teramind for Legal is designed to assist law firms to address these requirements to deliver peace of mind and product/demonstrate effective oversight to compliance initiatives to their clients.
“The stakes for all businesses, but especially law firms, is the escalating threat to them and their clients due to the sensitive nature of the client data they manage. Attacks for business typically result in financial damages over $500,000, if not more for larger brands. And, as more businesses head towards the cloud, the majority also see privileged users as a top cloud security concern,” said Isaac Kohen, CTO of Teramind.
Clients Driving Demand for Demonstrable Compliance
With the rapidly expanding regulatory landscape, organizations beholden to comply are demanding product/demonstrable evidence that their firms adhere to the same standards, from AML/KYC, HIPAA, ISO27001/27002 to GDPR and more. To empower law firms to stay ahead of the threat, Teramind for Legal features:
- Controls to ensure safety of client/matter data and work-product stored in firm systems and repositories, beyond the traditional password-protection/access control/identity management systems.
- Oversight, audit and logs of all actions for all employees (or any subsection of users/departments) at the firm.
- Privileged user monitoring, session recording, with searchable logs, videos, and audit trail for forensics.
- Focus on context with heavy emphasis on user behavior analytics to weed out false positives, and identify anomalous behavior.
- An immutable log of actions that clearly product/demonstrate all activity as it pertains to firm desktops, laptops and content.
- Ability to set up real-time alerts to monitor suspect actions.
From Large to Small Law Firms, Teramind Fits Every Size & Deployment Requirement
Law firms have a range of flexible options for deployment, including:
- On-premise – control the Teramind implementation in its entirety, stay off-cloud if that’s your firm’s operational model, leverage LDAP groups and users to identify which users and groups to apply which policies and rules to.
- Teramind Private Cloud – use your own secure, scalable private cloud implementation including AWS, Google Cloud, Azure and more.
- Teramind Cloud – trust us with the management of the Teramind deployment and infrastructure. Only install Teramind Agents on the machines you want to monitor and set up your users, policies and rules and let us take care of the rest.
Since 2014 over 4,000 organizations across all major industries have trusted Teramind to provide insider threat detection, data loss prevention and business process engineering through employee monitoring. By harnessing behavior analytics, the award-winning and top-rated platform has helped enterprises and organizations in finance, retail, manufacturing, energy, technology, healthcare, and government verticals detect, record, and prevent malicious user behavior while driving productivity and improving workflow efficiency. Available as a cloud-based, on-premise, or private cloud solution, Teramind’s data loss prevention and employee monitoring agent brings businesses peace of mind by providing data-backed workforce insights. Teramind is headquartered in Miami, Florida. Learn more about Teramind by visiting teramind.co or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube. Visit IT Security Central for the latest in security news and trends.